Click on the link below to easily obtain forms needed:
Hainesport Township - Vital Statistics
P.O. Box 477
One Hainesport Centre
Hainesport, NJ 08036
Purchased at the time of request:
- $5.00 each
You must provide acceptable ID in order to get a copy of any vital record. Copies of vital records must be mailed to the address listed on your identification. The following are acceptable forms of ID
- A current, valid photo driver's license or photo non-driver's license
- A current, valid driver’s license without photo and one alternate form of ID
- Two alternate forms of ID, one of which must have current address.
- Vehicle registration
- Vehicle insurance card
- Voter registration
- US/Foreign Passport
- Immigrant Visa
- Permanent Resident Card (Green card)
- Federal/State ID
- County ID
- School ID
- Bank Statement (within previous 90 days)
- Utility bill(within the previous 90 days)
- W-2 or tax return for current/previous tax year
Alternate forms of ID are:
Vital Statistics - Registrar
Office Phone: (609) 267-2730, Ext. 107/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vital Statistics - Deputy Registrar
Office Phone: (609) 267-2730 Ext. 108/Email: email@example.com
All births, deaths, marriages, civil unions and domestic partnerships occurring within the township are recorded by the Registrar of Vital Statistics thus, copies of any of the aforementioned documents may be obtained through this office.
Birth/Marriage/Civil Union/Death Certificates
Vital Statistic certified copies are available in the Township where the event occurred.
All certified copies of Birth, Death, Marriage, and Civil Union are $25.00 each. Additional copies purchased at the same time are $5.00 each. Cash, Check, or Money Order are acceptable forms of payment.
Same day service is available as you wait. Photo ID or two alternate forms, with name and address is required when requesting a certified record.
Mail order service requires that you fill out the Hainesport Township Request for Vital Records Form. Please mail check/money order, form, self addressed stamped envelope, and a copy of a photo driver’s license to Hainesport Township.
Marriage/Remarriage/Civil Union Licenses
Marriage/Remarriage/Civil Union License applications are $28.00
- NJ applicants are required to apply in the town in which one of the applicants resides.
- Out of state residents are required to apply in the town in which the event will occur.
- Both parties must file in office with one witness. The witness must be at least 18 years old with a photo id.
- Proof of age, proof of residency, birth certificate, proof of social security number, photo id, proof of termination of last marriage/civil union.
- 72 hour waiting period prior to the issuing license.
- License is valid only in New Jersey and will expire 30 calendar days from issue date.
- Any documents in a foreign language must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
Genealogical Records (family history research) are: Birth, death and marriage records for people who are deceased
AND where the birth occurred more than 80 years ago, the marriage occurred more than 50 years ago, and/or the death occurred more than 40 years ago. Please follow the link below for those requests.
Your request cannot be processed as a genealogical request if the person named on the record is still living or the event was more recent than listed above