Marriage/Remarriage/Civil Union License applications are $28.00
- NJ applicants are required to apply in the town in which one of the applicants resides.
- Out of state residents are required to apply in the town in which the event will occur.
- Both parties must file in office with one witness. The witness must be at least 18 years old with a photo id.
- Proof of age, proof of residency, birth certificate, proof of social security number, photo id, proof of termination of last marriage/civil union.
- 72 hour waiting period prior to the issuing license.
- License is valid only in New Jersey and will expire 30 calendar days from issue date.
- Any documents in a foreign language must be accompanied by a certified English translation.